Koshevoy Oleg Sergeevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professsor, sub-department of economics and finances, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Vorob'ev Vladimir Pavlovich, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nekrylova Nina Valer'evna, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics and finances, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Opekunov Aleksey Nikolaevich, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics and finances, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The situation on the educational services market is characterized by increased competition for potential applicants. Therefore, studies related to the motivation of applicants to choose a study major at a university are relevant. The purpose of the work is to identify the motives for choosing a study major by economic students upon admission to a regional university.
Materials and methods. As a research method, a questionnaire survey was chosen focused on second-year undergraduate students of Penza State University, studying at the following majors: “World economy”, “Finance and credit”, “Accounting, analysis and audit”, "Business Informatics". The total number of students was 82.
Results. A sociological portrait of a student is formulated for different training majors in the economic field and priorities for choosing a specific major are established.
Conclusions. As for economic majors of a regional university, mainly girls are the students, on contractual basis, living in an urban area, from families of workers, government employees or employers. The main motivating factors when choosing their economic education major are the advice of parents, senior students or friends, as well as information on official websites of regional universities.
1. Kosharnaya G. B. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya [Problems of management theory and practice]. 2006, no. 4 (36), pp. 110–116. [In Russian]
2. Zarubina E. V., Petrova L. N. Agrarnoe obrazovanie i nauka [Agrarian education and science]. 2016, no. 4, pp. 41–44. [In Russian]
3. Gubarev R. V. Vestnik UGUES. Nauka, obrazovanie, ekonomika. Ser. «Ekonomika» [Bulletin of USUES. Science, education, economics. Series: Economics]. 2014, no. 1 (7), pp. 239–246. [In Russian]
4. Korzh N. V. Voprosy sovremennoy nauki i praktiki. Universitet im. V. I. Vernadskogo [Issues of modern science and practice. Vernadskiy University]. 2011, no. 3 (34), pp. 327–332. [In Russian]
5. Aronson E., Pratkanis E. Epokha propagandy. Mekhanizmy ubezhdeniya [The age of propaganda. Persuasion mechanisms]. Moscow: OLMA-PRESS, 2003. [In Russian]
6. Portret pervokursnika GU-VShE [The freshman’s portrait of SU-HSE]. 2009. Available at: https://www.hse.ru/news/admission/12882292.html [In Russian]
7. Koshevoy O. S. Sotsiologicheskiy monitoring obrazovatel'noy sredy negosudarstvennogo obrazovatel'nogo uchrezhdeniya: monografiya [Sociological monitoring of the educational environment of a non-state educational institution: monograph]. Penza: Mosk. in-t ekonomiki, menedzhmenta i prava (filial v g. Penze), 2010, 197 p. [In Russian]
8. Byuyul' A., Tsefel' P. SPSS: iskusstvo obrabotki informatsii. Analiz statisticheskikh dannykh i vosstanovlenie skrytykh zakonomernostey: per. s nem. [SPSS: the art of information processing. A statistical data analysis and restoration of structural regularities: translation from German]. Saint-Petersburg: OOO «DiaSoftYuP», 2003, 609 p. [In Russian]
9. Nasledov A. IBM SPSS Statistics 20 i AMOS: profil'nyy statisticheskiy analiz dannykh [IBM SPSS Statistics 20 i AMOS: profile statistical data analysis]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2013, 416 p. [In Russian]
10. Monitoring innovatsionnogo povedeniya naseleniya GU-VShE [Monitoring the society’s innovative behavior by SU-HSE]. 2009. Available at: https://www.hse.ru/monitoring/innpeople/about [In Russian]